ClubCar Recently bought 2 old club cars to get around the homestead

Crash Test Dummy

Dazed and Confused
Admin
Donater
Addict
Tech
i have done the by-pass and just cut the black wire (#21 in diagram) at the OBC and attached it to #6 negative battery post

obc wire.png

i have done the by-pass and just cut the black wire (#21 in diagram) at the OBC and attached it to #6 negative battery post

View attachment 1835
Thanks I will give that a try, maybe today. I finally ordered 2 replacement cells for the two that got rubbed raw and shorted for the 88. Hopefully they make it in this week. I can't wait to get the second one (99) running as I have made up my mind to convert it into a mini truck as I really need a little truck to use around the homestead. I just wish I had the ability to weld aluminum, I've tried and failed a few times, probably because I'm trying to use inferior equipment for welding aluminum. My Lincoln 175HD was never intended for aluminum no spool gun or anything.

Been awhile since I made it over here. Life got busy...

Broke the frame of the 88 in the same place the 99 frame is broken. Tried everyway I could to weld that Alu with no luck. So a good friend just carried the 99 to a friend of his who welds Alu for a living. If he can fix that one it's the one I really want to get going but I'll also get the other one fixed if he's able. The 105 AH 51.2 volt LifePO4 battery I put in the 88 was / is just a bit much for the old frame, then again it's QUICK and FUN but still slow at 20mph top speed. I need / want something both able to go slower and faster than the old resistor coil arrangement will allow. If anyone has any low / no budget ideas I'm all ears! I'm looking at possibly removing the resistor coils and reversing the wiring to run groups of cells for speed control instead of resistance loads burning up power....

I'd still like to convert one or maybe both in to mini trucks to be more useful around the homestead. A truck bed about 3x5 would be ideal. Being 4 wheel drive would be even better. If anyone had ideas for conversion.

Also looking for some new / better roof mounts if anyone has a set or two laying around. The 88 roof frame was already cracked and is now very broken from rough roads, off roading and the weight of the solar panel, I'm sure toting the front wheels 3 feet in the air didn't help any! The dang thing pops wheelies like there's no tomorrow if you mash the gas just a touch to hard from stopped.

If anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions or parts let me know please!

About Us

Wild Buggies is a golf cart enthusiast community, with some hot rod/retro/ratrod enthusiasts peppered in, which is committed to providing a safe and effective communications platform related to the industry.

Affiliates

Support Us!

If you like advert free forums.

Donate now
Forgot your password?